Episode 37: When Bernadette is Away…
Tuesday, October 10th
(Episode 36 was our Knit City Preview episode, which you can find on our YouTube Channel!)
Welcome to Old and New Viewers!
We are coming to you from Wet Coast Wools in Vancouver, BC Canada
Please leave comments and questions in this Ravelry thread
Bernadette is on holiday right now, so we have special guests!
FOs (Finished Objects)
Katia Azteca Sweater
Made with 2 balls + 10g of Katia Azteca Milrayas (a version of Azteca with more pronounced stripes), 5.5mm needles. Pattern is Drops s30-7, Winter Nap
- I made the 3-4 size, but my gauge was too loose, so it ended up 1 size bigger (5-6). So I made it longer, to make up for the added width; that required extra yarn, so I had to go into the 3rd ball to finish the neck. But I didn’t swatch, so its totally my fault.
Wearing - Laurie by Josee Paquin aka UandIKnit
Tiny Easter Bunny from Teeny Tiny MochiMochi by Anna Hrachovek.
- We asked yarnovernewyork to name him, and she came up with “Butler”. You can come check him out in store over by the till! I used up some left over scraps of cotton yarn I had in my stash and knit him on 2.25 mm needles.
Foxtail Hat by Nikki Wagner - made with one of the new Mondial Lady Hat kits we carry in store.
Wearing - Mount Pleasant by Pip and Pin
Blanket Fort by Sylvia McFadden aka Softsweater out of her new Gentle Armour book.
- Made in Diamond Tradition in Turquoise with the garter edge in Ash. Quick, intuitive pattern!
Gingersnap Cardigan by Kristen Rettig
- yarn used was Diamond Merino Supreme. 2 balls yellow, 1 teal, 1 white. I blocked all pieces pre-seaming together and the teal BLED so I re-knit the parts with white because they ended up mint green.
YinYang kitty Ankle Socks without the kitties
Thicket Cardigan by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
knit in Cascade Eco+, 1 strand each of Aporto and Summer Sky Heather, on, 8mm needles.
- This sweater is a stash buster for me to help clear out some room for my Knit City acquisitions.
Sock Minis Blanket
- Garter Stitch Blanket on 5.5mm needles, made with two strands of sock yarn held together.
Fox sweater - I have made my colourwork swatch!
- my gauge is 5 sts different between colourwork and non-colourwork sections, which is making it very hard to work out. I think I may have to make a hat as a sample swatch.
Fidget cowl- cowl made using the stitch pattern from Fidget Socks by Amy Stringer, my fave sock pattern. Yarn is Noro Shiraito that Kelsey gave me!
Craft All The Things
Trunk Show with Karen Clements of Knit 1 Designs - used to be Knit1LA, but now she lives in Washington state, so she’s updating her name
- She designs with Illimani Yarns - Amelie, Cadena, Llama II, etc, and we have those samples on hand for you to see and try on
We are doing a Tunisian Crochet Workshop on Saturday, October 14th, to learn how to make her Tunisian Crochet Cowl - she also has a vest pattern that uses this technique
You can register online; it will help if you have some previous crochet knowledge
Karen will be here most of Saturday, so you can come meet her and see her work
So much new yarn! - leftovers from Knit City are now in store, and should be online also.
New Christmas sock yarns available - Regia Season and FernerWolle Mally 6-Ply