Episode 73. Filmed on Wednesday April 10th
Welcome to all our returning viewers, and to those who are joining us for the first time!
Hello to Angie, who came to visit us from Seattle!
Our show notes can be found in the drop down section on YouTube, and on Ravelry. Comments and questions can be left in either place.
Glenda - Glenda on Ravelry, glendamcdonald on instagram
Kelsey - fiddlebach and Kzipknits on Instagram and Ravelry
Wet Coast Wools - WetCoastWools on all the things
FOs (Finished Objects)
Glenda: Wearing: Aileas Cardigan by Isabell Kraemer, knit in West Coast Colour Home Grown, which is a blend of CVM and Romeldale wools.
- Antler Pullover. Made with Debbie Bliss BFL Aran Superwash. The yarn grows like superwash, but felts together like non-superwash. Not sure what that says about the yarn… Size 8-10 years, but used only 550 yards, not the specified 700.
- Poppin’ Purple Hat - similar to the pattern Copy.Cat C.C beanie by Emily Ingrid
WIPS (Works in Progress)
- Stillwater by Marie Greene. Making this for a class Two strands of a Rowan 4-Ply Tweed that I overdyed. Finished the body and have started the button band.
- Test knit for Pip & Pin. Knitting this with Flock Fibre Take a Hike Sock yarn in Robin’s Egg
- Somber by Softsweater/Sylvia McFadden. Making this with Katia Linen in Maroon and Greige. It’s not getting a lot of love these days…
- Mount Pleasant by Megan Noedekher in Holst Supersoft in Pussy Willow
- Mummers Mittens from Saltwater Mittens, knit with Briggs & Little Regal in Dark Grey and Yellow
- Cowichan Inspired Sweater - I’m getting there! Knit in wool from Custom Woolen Mills. My own colourwork pattern and modification of a seamed pattern.
April is our Podiversary month!
First ever WCW Podcast was April 23rd, 2016. We are having a giveaway to celebrate our 3rd Podiversary! The prize will be two skeins of hand-dyed Home Grown by West Coast Colour, who are based in Tappen, BC. This is a hand-dyed version of the yarn in Glenda’s Aileas sweater - colours are Enderby (grey) and Tappen (blue). 56g/142m per skein.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment in the Giveaway Thread in our Ravelry group telling us about your favourite episode/moment in an episode/visit to the shop. We will keep the thread open until the end of April, and pick a winner in May!
Yarnageddon Update: No news, we are all still resisting the call of the yarn…
WCW Knit & Crochet Bingo!
Registration into Bingo closed January 31st, so we have taken down the Bingo boards and closed the registration. Email us if you do still need a Bingo Board and we can send it to you.
Challenge started January 1st, and will run until the end of the year. Rules and notes about the game squares are all in the Chatter Thread on Ravelry.
March had 5 Bingo entries from 4 people. Could the winner please contact us via Ravelry to arrange for delivery of your prize.
How are we progressing?
Lace Project: Llama cowl
New-To-You Designer: Cowl-turned hat
Stranded Colourwork: Whale Hat
Make a Sweater: Winstonian
Make something for Charity: 2 Charity Hats
Leftovers - Beauregard Pig
Crochet an item - Non-Juggling Pig
Knit a gift Mike’s Cowichan-Inspired Sailing Sweater
Crochet board - 3 squares
Crochet a toy in the round - Varkentje
Leftovers - The pig is flying
Knit a thing - Yellow Vest
Leftovers - Piggy - N4
Make a Sweater - Ease - I-4
Eeek Steeks - Eeek Steeks N-2
New Designer - Floral - I-2
Trendy Item - Undertone O-1
Charity Item - Charity Toque I-5
Stranded Colourwork - Spongdal (again) I-3