Dress up your house this winter with this elegant holiday garland!
In our two hour workshop, you will learn how to create the garter stitch stars using the wrap-and-turn short row technique. The stars can be knit in any Sport or DK weight yarn, so this is a great way to use up your leftovers from other projects. You can then choose to join them together as a garland, or use the individual stars as decorations or even coasters.
You should be able to complete at least one star in class time, although this will depend upon the speed at which you knit. Maximum 4 students per class.
Instructor: Kelsey Zachary
Dates & Times:
Wednesday, December 12th, 6:30 to 8:30pm.
Yarn: Each star requires 15-20 yards of fingering to DK weight yarn. For added festivity, choose yarns that contain silk or metallic fibres such as Knitting Fever Adonis or Illimani Silky Baby Llama.
The stars can technically be knit in any thickness of yarn, but it will affect the size of the finished star.
Needles: One set of 3mm Double Pointed Needles. If you are using a different thickness of yarn, please adjust your needles accordingly.
Stitch markers, a measuring tape, and a yarn needle are also required.
Students receive a 10% discount on class materials.
- Registration and payment of fees must be completed two days prior to the start date in order to secure a seat.
- Payment can be made online, or in store.
- A minimum number of students is required for each class. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the class if the minimum is not met.
- Cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to the start of the class; your original receipt is required in order to receive a full refund.
- Please purchase all materials in advance of the first class unless otherwise noted.
When registering for your class, be sure to select "Store Pick-Up" as your shipping option!