On May 19th, 2020, British Columbia moved into Phase 2 of our careful Restart Plan. In keeping with this development, we have re-opened our storefront after almost 2 months of doing online-only sales.
As we navigate this new phase, the health and wellness of our customers and staff will continue to be our primary concern. With that in mind, we have implemented the following guidelines for daily operations at the shop:
- Please do not come to the shop if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of illness, or if you are supposed to be in self-isolation for any reason
- We will allow only 2 customers in the shop at any time. As you first enter the shop, please check with staff before moving past the entrance area
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer before shopping. We also ask that you do not touch yarn and other items unless you are considering purchasing them
- Please maintain a distance of two meters from staff members and fellow shoppers. This includes while waiting in line at the cash, and while waiting to enter the shop
- We are not able to offer hands-on knitting or crochet help at this time. We can offer suggestions and advice, but staff will not touch your yarn or needles
- Please ask for assistance in accessing button and knitting needle drawers, and any accessories that hang on the wall behind the cash
- We have made some physical adjustments to the shop, including a plexiglass barrier at the checkout, and creating a path for one-way movement through the shop. Please respect these changes as you move through the shop
- We will not be holding any drop-in knitting groups, or in-person classes at this time
- Our staff will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting all high-touch surfaces. Until further notice, our washrooms are for staff-use only.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our shop in the coming weeks. If you do not feel comfortable shopping in person, don't forget that our online store is still available. You can choose 'Store Pick-Up' as your shipping option in order to do a curbside pick up, or have your items mailed to you. Please wait for a confirmation email before coming to collect your order. Our Free Shipping minimum increased to $75 as of Tuesday, May 19th.
We are paying close attention to the advice and guidelines issued by the BC and Canadian Health Authorities, and will continue to adjust our policies as necessary. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.