Updated July 28th, 2020
On May 19th, 2020, British Columbia moved into Phase 2 of our careful Restart Plan. In keeping with this development, we re-opened our storefront after almost 2 months of doing online-only sales.
As we navigate the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the health and wellness of our customers and staff will continue to be our primary concern. With this in mind, we have implemented the following guidelines for daily operations at the shop. Please note that these regulations will change as needed, according to the current community health situation.
- Please do not come to the shop if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of illness, if you are supposed to be in self-isolation for any reason, or if you have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- Whenever possible, please wear a mask while shopping with us. Don't have one? We have a selection of hand-made cloth masks available for purchase in the shop.
- We will allow only 2 customers in the shop at any time. As you first enter the shop, please check with staff before moving past the entrance area.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer before shopping. We also ask that you do not touch yarn and other items unless you are considering purchasing them.
Please maintain a distance of two meters from staff members and fellow shoppers, even while wearing your mask. This includes while waiting in line at the cash, and while waiting to enter the shop.
- Our staff are regularly cleaning and disinfecting all high-touch surfaces. Until further notice, our washrooms are for staff-use only.
- We are not able to offer hands-on knitting or crochet help at this time. We can offer suggestions and advice, but staff will not touch your yarn or needles.
- Please ask for assistance in accessing button and knitting needle drawers, and any accessories that hang on the wall behind the cash.
- We have made some physical adjustments to the shop, including a plexiglass barrier at the checkout, and creating a path for one-way movement through the shop. Please respect these changes as you move through the shop.
- We will not be holding any drop-in knitting groups, or in-person classes at this time. Please visit the Classes & Workshops Page for information about on-line knitting classes and private lessons.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our shop. If you do not feel comfortable shopping in person, don't forget that our online store is still available. You can choose 'Store Pick-Up' as your shipping option in order to do a curbside pick up, or have your items mailed to you. Please wait for a confirmation email before coming to collect your order. We are currently offering free shipping on all North American orders over $75.
We continue to pay close attention to the advice and guidelines issued by the BC and Canadian Health Authorities, and will to adjust our policies as necessary. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.